Sunday, April 20, 2008

Taking Time Out

Sunshine warmed my shoulders as I explored the nearby river cliffs for fossils. Sitting on a rock ledge, I watched the roiling water, always moving, squinted my eyes to filter out some of the reflections, and wondered what color fabric I would need to represent the rippled surface black like oil with a golden sheen. The wind refreshed me, and I could actually feel tension easing, slipping away. Musing aloud I said, "The neat thing about time spent outdoors, relaxing in nature, is that it is like thumbing one's nose to the clock. No place to be at any certain time- wonderful!" I need this more often, yet forget to take these little breaks from the everyday press of activity. I am grateful for the beauty around me. It was a good Sunday afternoon.

No comments: