Friday, May 2, 2008

Beachy-Keen

UPDATE:
Tuesday May 7th: We hiked through the woods to the Lake. It was lovely, though the weather was cool: 50's and windy. Whitecaps headed toward shore and the sound of surf was impressive. So nice to get outdoors and away from the everyday... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A quilter friend stopped by today and offered to take me to the beach next week. (See photo at top of blog.) I need a nature adventure. We visited this lovely place along Lake Ontario several years ago. First there is a considerable forest walk. Birdsong and frog calls punctuate the silence. The path ends at wooden bridges built to keep visitors from disturbing the fragile dune ecosystem. Alas, footprints everywhere, and much poison ivy. And then the vista opens to reveal a vast expanse of blue water and gentle waves lapping on white beach. The first time I saw it I grinned so widely I thought my face would split. It's so peaceful there. I do hope we might walk barefoot, if there isn't too much broken glass and litter.

No comments: