Friday, September 26, 2008

Autumn Views





















Two days of warm, sunny weather must have been "Indian Summer" but now the rains have come. Several years ago I took pictures of the lovely foliage in this area. Many of them I worked into chapter headers in my book of poems. This is my favorite time of year. Sometimes the glowing hues take my breath away...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Autumn's colors proudly blaze,
then drift to earth on silent sighs.
copyright 1985
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Along the back treeline across a field behind one country place I lived and never should have left, many animals made their homes. Here's my sign-out thought:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sundown In The Country
(Slab City memories...)
The scream of the red-tail, the hoot of an owl,
and whimpers of wild creatures settling to night...
1980's copyright
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: