Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Inspiration

(Flowers found growing in southern California...)

Inspiration:
What is it, and where does it come from, what prompts it? A lovely view like a breath-taking vista or the pristine details of a small flower? Transcendent thought, a vision in the night? Whatever it is, it can not be forced, framed, forged. I am in awe of those whose words convey spiritual insight and stir the soul, those who write what I wish I could have penned. I feel like an amateur, inferior to the writers of great truths and succinct ponderings. And yet, once in a while something comes to me which I could not have sought or bidden. It is a gift- to be contemplated, appreciated, perhaps shared. Thank you, all who are conduits of the stirrings of the Holy Breath, the Divine Source. Those who have eyes to see what many often miss. You bless us all.

No comments: