Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Lowly Scrubbie

Some time ago, I submitted an article about thin green nylon scrub pads to a women's magazine and never heard a word back. I supposed that everyone else in the world has discovered how handy these can be (especially since they are sometimes hard to find) but perhaps there is one person out there who hasn't.

While attending a quaint old country church I noticed black scuff marks on the finished wooden floors. Going back later, I easily lifted off the marks by rubbing gently with a stiff scrubbing sheet.

Scrubbies are useful for exfoliating heels and soles of the feet after a shower or bath. (You could dampen a scrubbie and use a light touch on moistened elbows and face, followed by lotion or cream.)

To open a stubborn jar or turn a tight faucet, these pads grip almost as well as a rubber gasket.

My most recent discovery occurred after washing a black fleece cap and finding lint clinging to it afterwards. Brushing the damp surface with the green scrub pad removed the lint and restored it to almost new condition. This might or might not work on sweaters that have "pilled."

I cut each 4" x 6" sheet in half, then in half again to get maximum mileage out of these useful little scrubbers. Let me know if you have any other uses for them.

No comments: