Friday, July 13, 2012

Accordian Fold and Other Books


Another fun project was Accordian Fold Books.  Starting with one large square piece of paper (which I backed with textured paper), you fold it one way four times, open it up, then fold it four times the other way.  Cut along the folds 3/4 of the way alternating from one side and the opposite side, fold it up, then make a durable cover.  For this I covered photo matt board with textured paper.  I printed out, cut and glued in poems, pictures, etc.  Trimmed with fibers or ribbon.  The red LINE book was an off-the-top-of-my-head word study (no dictionery allowed).  The paperback book at the top is my desktop self-published poetry book which started out to encourage incarcerated people linked to a correspondence ministry.  I have had much enjoyment from creating these books and encourage other crafters/writers to try something similar.

No comments: