Wednesday, June 18, 2014

GELLI PRINTING: Painting Over The Printed Page

Some of these pages came out of an old medical reference book.  The chapter on "How To Happily Grow Older" was interesting.  I don't stop painting and over-painting until the dining room table is covered with papers waiting to dry.  That's when I put the paints away and clean up my home made gelatin printing surface.  If I'm not as careful with pressure, or the edge of the brayer while rolling out my paints, I  have to melt the plate down in the microwave, then pour it back into the baking pan to chill in the refrigerator overnight.
NOTE:  I have been able to keep using the same plate without remelting/remolding for several weeks at a time.  The gelatin plate stores at room temperature indefinitely with no problem.





No comments: