Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Late Winter Thoughts

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I still have my Christmas tree up, decorations and lights and all. Perhaps it's partly to make up for completely missing Christmas last year due to traveling out of state to help an ailing family member.  I am not ready to pack the lights away.  The Christmas corner always seems so dark once emptied of it's sparkle and shine...  

But with the hours of daylight lengthening, it is time to prepare for spring, whether it be one, two or three months down the road.   Viewing art exhibits at my nearby Alma Mater has brightened the cold white months.  I took these pictures on one such jaunt.







Searching for a quilt shop took me off the beaten path into a little town tucked away by a lake.  This abandoned storefront caught my eye.  I wonder if it used to be a diner?  I would have named it "The Brass Peacock" for its metal filigree panel across the front window.

Besides making collage postcards and gelatin plate prints, I am starting to experiment with watercolors, and want to become more comfortable using stencils as well.  Upcoming Art Journaling workshops ought to jump start my creativity, yes?  One can hope...

No comments: