Thursday, May 7, 2015

Relative Thoughts

The weekend was a tough one when I was "fired" from a voluntary position on the "Personal Advisory Board," which I share with five other individuals.  I took it personally.  This came to me:

"I think, when we help people too much, we may rob them of opportunities to learn and to try and to do things for themselves.  This may be doing them a great disservice.  The butterfly, if helped from it's cocoon, will die, unable to fly because it is in the struggle of emerging that its wings are strengthened.  No one can do that for it."

Elizabethton, TN 2009
One of the others eventually coached me through a physical stance of releasing, letting go, laying it down. No one requires that I submit myself to stress that is harmful in many ways, especially when doing so brings about no positive results.

Breathe deeply and often!


No comments: