Tuesday, August 18, 2015

More Collages I Have Made

This colorful iguana was featured in a paint advertisement, the dot background beneath his feet in another.  I added coordinating thick glass buttons, which unfortunately make it difficult to scan.


I made this large square for a West Coast art-pal.  It started with the female foundation garments, and became more abstract than most of what I had previously put together.  I still struggle sometimes figuring out what goes with what.  I do like to incorporate words, since I am also a writer.

stalking the butterfly
Blondie, a fashion plate from a Sally's Beauty mailer, needed a different hat and dress, and a stole to wrap around her shoulders.  Putting together her "look" was like playing paper dolls.  She is in one of my art journals.


Lastly, a friend whose husband builds wonderful spec houses gave me some scraps of Tyvek, an insulating house wrap (also found in some flat USPS mailer envelopes).  I had read up on how to alter it and first applied acrylic paints, then pressed a piece between two heat-resistant ironing sheets to partially melt it.  The resulting shape looked like a relief map.  I created a country!  Peace-loving, of course.  I had to name it "Tyvekistan" and wrote a story about it- which I affixed to the back of the piece.


As porky the pig used to say,  "Ba-deep, ba-deep, ba-deep, b'that's all folks!"

No comments: