Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Mug Rugs

A while ago, I participated in two online fabric post card exchange groups.  It was marvelous fun, making embellished collage with some of my quilting material,  sometimes incorporating "found objects" and sending them all over the world.

Recently two sisters, with whom I had regularly exchanged fabric post cards, asked me if I would like to swap Mug Rugs.  I had not heard of Mug Rugs but figured out that they are small quilts (like padded pot holders) on which to place one's hot tea, coffee, cocoa, etc.  I agreed.

Although I have been sewing for many decades, the peak of  my quilt-making days was almost fifteen years ago.  It had been a while since I revved up my sewing machine.  What a pleasant surprise to rediscover a love for piecing.  On the reverse side I made a pocket to hold teabags and another pocket to hold a spoon.

One got the blue Mug Rug, the other got the red one when I sent them south to their new homes.










No comments: