Friday, August 14, 2015

Pink and Charcoal Gray side trip

As I gathered bits and pieces to audition for some "Pink and Charcoal Gray" group swap Artists' Trading Cards, I rediscovered a stack of 'clean-off' papers on which I had wiped my brayer while using acrylic paints on my Gelli Plate printer.  Each piece of paper ended up with a mountain range on it, something I have been unable to duplicate since.
Boar-derline weird art...
 Anyway, one of the images I clipped was a wild boar from a men's clothing catalog, not knowing if or when I would ever use it.  Well, here it is- not on an ATC, however.  It's a half-sheet sized simple collage, enhanced with rubber stamped trees and grass, and charcoal gray marker birds in the distance.

While I'm posting, I may as well show a blue 'clean-off' sheet I enhanced about two years ago when I first noticed the pattern.
Castle in the Mist

 Here's a picture of the Gelli Plate I made myself, from very expensive ingredients but I couldn't wait!  It worked just fine for a while, and when it got damaged, I melted it down in the microwave, then placed the gelatin in a glass baking dish in the refrigerator overnight.  Now I have the real deal, and I'm afraid I might damage it with sharp edged tools or stencils, but it's still lots and lots of fun to use!









No comments: