Friday, September 4, 2015

Party Plans

A trip is in the planning stages, and since I will be traveling through an area where I used to live, I thought I would throw a pajama party for some friends there.  I know, I'm not ten years old anymore. But hey, why wait until a funeral to get friends together?

First, I asked each one to bring a favorite dessert or snack.  One of them is famous for different varieties of cheesecake, so I'm hoping...  Another offered to make mint chocolate brownies.  It gets better and better!

Then I chose a color theme.  (Do you think I've guest-hosted one too many post card swaps?)  Pink and Green.  I like those two colors together.  Like a peony bush.  I wandered through two Dollar stores and a BigLots, looking for inexpensive little accents to brighten up the room. Here's a hand-crafted project to add to the ambiance:  wrap-around sleeves for battery-powered candles. With scrapbook papers, ribbons and double-stick tape, they were quick and easy to assemble.

  

No comments: