Monday, November 9, 2015

Two Watercolor Post Cards

Am I afraid of watercolors?  I can not answer that.  I do have a paint-brush phobia.  There, I admitted it- in public.  I suppose it's because I was never trained to properly use a paint brush, and I have not experimented enough to become comfortable with it.  I do not trust the paint brush to do what I want it to do.  So, I paint- with my finger, with the end of a paint brush, with a crochet hook, with a scrunched-up paper towel.  (Someone is laughing right now, or shaking his or her head...)

In order to complete a "window" challenge with one of my new swap buddies in a foreign country, I made a garden scene, covered it with clear packaging tape, glued it to the back of a cut-out window frame, trimmed it, and then attached it to a backing to simulate wall paper.





The piece above started out as a blue drip experiment.  I began adding grasses, then more grasses, a sad little tree with only one leaf, and a few birds in the sky.

No comments: