Tuesday, December 8, 2015

First Large Quilt In Ages!!!

This is a lap quilt made for a friend who requested it two years ago.  It has been 10 - 15 years since I made a large quilt.  After piecing/assembling the top, I was so relieved to find a quilt shop that was willing to do the design stitching on a long-arm machine.

The quilt shop called me two days after I dropped off the quilt layers and I thought, 'Oh-oh, there's a problem.'  No, she was calling to say it was ready.  Wow!  I picked it up, took several days to pin and stitch the edges, and now it's finished.  I really like the overall stipple stitch with pink and purple variegated thread.  It blends well with the darker Batik fabrics and shows up nicely on the lighter pieces.  I was happy to be able to send it out just in time for a birthday present/early holiday gift.  My friend won't believe it when she sees it!

No comments: