Monday, February 1, 2016

Magazine Image Transfer - Part 2

Here are more of my experiments with packaging tape over stencils over magazine pictures, per Journal Arista's "Mixed Media Stencil Packing Tape Transfer" You Tube. ( I neglected to mention in my earlier post that I vigorously burnished over the stencil, then flipped it over to burnish the back of the magazine picture so I could get a good contact with the clear packing tape.)

HOUSEHOLD TIP:  It took Soft Scrub with Bleach and a non-abrasive green scrubbie pad to get the accidental image transfer off of my Formica counter top.  (See 1st posting on this topic.)  This also works on ink from cash register receipts left on a wet counter top.

Packing tape over stencil over magazine image

Resulting clear image transfer

Tape over stencil over magazine picture

Resulting clear image- it ripped
because I didn't have longer lengths of tape, and
I didn't overlap the tape strips 1/2" or more.

Original picture after transfer removed some color

No comments: