Tuesday, February 9, 2016

More Bright Colors

These post cards started out being smooshed into orange acrylic paint, but I didn't like the color afterwards.  I mean, orange is a vibrant color, sometimes quite cheery and energizing, but- it's just not my color.  After staring at the orange post cards for several days it occurred to me to paint over them.

Instead of dragging out my Gelli Plate, I just dripped pink paint on some shiny-side-up freezer paper, spread it with a brayer, and then pressed the orange cards down onto the paint.  That was better.

Next, I spread some purple paint on the freezer paper, and pressed a rubber honeycomb (hot plate?) into the paint.  After I pressed the post cards onto this rubber stencil, I was left with a pleasing design.

Recent paper trimmings had some interesting color patterns and I couldn't bear to throw them out. So, I collaged some of the strips onto the background using matte gel  medium.  The finishing touch was plastic Magic Mesh squares in either pink or purple.  As a final coat I covered the cards with gloss gel medium.


Painting large sheets of smooth brown "construction" paper, I cut them in half and over-stamped. Then I folded those sheets in half and stitched up the sides.  Magic Mesh insisted on playing a border role.  I covered that with matte medium gel for extra adhesion.  The result?  Six more envelopes.



No comments: