Tuesday, March 29, 2016

ICAD's - #1 - #7

This swap with an MMSA pal proved to be very fun and interesting.  I seized it as an opportunity to experiment using the 3" x 5" format.  Visual prompts were all around me:  snippets, supplies, previous projects.  I began on March 15th.

 A pile of foreign postage stamps in the purple family gave me a start.  Purple ink dragged a swath across the background.  Washi tape jumped in after the stamp placement.


Magic Mesh wanted to play on Day #2, so I pressed small green and blue ink pads onto the card, then covered it with Magic Mesh triangles.
 On St. Patrick's Day, I rescued a rye bread wrapper from recycling.  It took food coloring gels dripped onto the card and smooshed with another card a while to dry before I could glue on the plastic shamrock, stripes and color register.

Day #4 was my chance to try punch-outs.  Circles cut in black paper made an overlay for the imported hand-made papers background.   A gold marker added dot details.

Gray and silver images begged to play together on Day #5, with this collage resulting.

I painted this background with acrylic paint to compliment the focus piece, also painted a strip of drywall joint tape, and layered.

On Day #7 I used an idea gathered from You-Tube.  After stripping one layer off a corrugated box flap,  I cut it into squares.  Glued the squares side-by-side onto my file card.  Coated with white Gesso.  Drizzled rubber stamp inks from one edge to the other (tilting the card so they dripped down).  Then glued on an image, and- it was finished.

More to follow...

No comments: