Saturday, April 16, 2016

Artist's Trading Card Blast!

Anticipating a possible "FLOWERS & TRIANGLES" ATC's group swap, I pulled out pages from two gardening magazines.  You know- the ones where you want to order ten of almost everything and then wonder where you would possibly plant them.

I cut triangles of different sizes out of cereal box cardboard.  To these I glued small pieces of flower pictures, trimmed them and then inked the edges.


 (Blue iris card is different, with cut-out blue stencil triangles over-inked with yellow and pink to accent the butterfly postage stamp.)


Some ATC's had color contrast.  On others, the colors of triangles and background blended together.


Next, I pulled out a plastic triangles stencil and heavy duty clear packaging tape to make magazine transfers from pictures of flowers.


I think I like the effect of the flower-background "lattice work" even better than I do the flower triangles on a plain background.  Since the (color removed) white paper triangles were rough, I decided to use gloss medium gel to seal the cards.

With over 20 new ATC's completed, I'm prepared for some serious swapping!


No comments: