Follow by Email

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Someone Needs A Miracle

Today when I opened a letter from one of my art pen pals "across the Pond," the contents broke my heart.  She has recently been diagnosed with extensive, invasive cancer.  With a prognosis of 2 - 6 months to live, it sounds grim.  Her request:  That I light a candle, say a prayer, and when I see something beautiful like a rainbow, to think of her and send up healing thoughts.  She said she needs a miracle.

Anyone reading this who believes in the power of prayer, and is willing to do so, please pray that she will receive the healing miracle she needs, also that her heart and mind will find peace and her pain be relieved.  We all need hope.  Thank you...

Friday, July 29, 2016

Odd Art

I had previously titled this "Ugly Art" and was questioned on it.  It seems I not only expect my projects to turn out the way I imagine them in my head, but I also would like to emulate other artists whose techniques I admire.  It doesn't seem to work that way...

For my first creative attempts after many weeks away from my art studio, I chose a limited palette of acrylic paint colors.  When I tried drizzling paint, I soon realized that a much smaller nozzle would be needed to give a fine line, once a second paper was smooshed onto the painted sheet.  Washi tapes were added to distract from the unexpected results.  I turned the 8+1/2" x 11" card stock into half-fold envelopes.


ghost images, Washi and rubber stamps, front

ghost images,Washi and rubber stamps, back
 Then I returned to my favorite technique, Gelli Plate printing with stencils, to obtain results I liked much better.  Another artist's Artistamps coordinated nicely with the color schemes.  These also became half-fold envelopes.

Abstract Attempts

I'm back!  After viewing some Jane Davies You Tubes on layering acrylic paints, I wanted to try her techniques.  She made it look so easy.  I confess I may have a tendency to "over-think" the process... Here are some post cards that started out as 8+1/2" x 11" card stock:

 I built up some collage for a base, then painted over the collage, finishing with rubber stamped images and postage stamps.

The two above and below were paint bloopers which I over-painted. added Ascemic writing with permanent marker, and finished with rubber stamped images and postage stamps.

The four post cards above also started as painted cast-off's, to which I added collage, gold paint circles, rubber stamped images and postage stamps.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hot Summer Flowers

Right about now the perennial garden is doing more than I am.  Such a cheery view!
Bee Balm (Monardia)  4 feet high!


Cool Peachy Pink Rose