Friday, July 29, 2016

Odd Art

I had previously titled this "Ugly Art" and was questioned on it.  It seems I not only expect my projects to turn out the way I imagine them in my head, but I also would like to emulate other artists whose techniques I admire.  It doesn't seem to work that way...

For my first creative attempts after many weeks away from my art studio, I chose a limited palette of acrylic paint colors.  When I tried drizzling paint, I soon realized that a much smaller nozzle would be needed to give a fine line, once a second paper was smooshed onto the painted sheet.  Washi tapes were added to distract from the unexpected results.  I turned the 8+1/2" x 11" card stock into half-fold envelopes.

front
back

ghost images, Washi and rubber stamps, front


ghost images,Washi and rubber stamps, back
 Then I returned to my favorite technique, Gelli Plate printing with stencils, to obtain results I liked much better.  Another artist's Artistamps coordinated nicely with the color schemes.  These also became half-fold envelopes.




No comments: