Monday, November 14, 2016

Starting Some Paper Ornaments

Although I had ideas for making fancy, paper-based ornaments, I realized that if I wanted to make up quite a few in a short amount of time, I would need to streamline my design and assembly process. I used acrylic paints on the Gelli Plate printer to lay down color on some packaging cardboard, then pulled out a triangles stencil and some rubber washers to add patterns to the backgrounds.

Red, green, white, and several different gold paints

On the back of the painted cardboard I traced around a sealant container to make circles, drew in the tops and the loops which would be paper punched for a string or ribbon hanger, and started cuting them out.


I'm quite sure glitter glue is going to insist on joining the party!  And maybe some other shapes will follow the circular ones.

No comments: