Tuesday, June 26, 2018

An Attempt At Straw-Blown Art & Strawberries- Update

This turned out to be more difficult than I had thought it would be, perhaps because I used acrylic pants on a textured card stock background.  The paint didn't want to move!  When I tried thinning it down with water it was then too runny.  I'm wondering if ink might work better, and on a different type of paper.  Time will tell...

But now, it's the tail end of strawberry picking season and I have to see whether there are any berries left to pick.  After several years of not putting up preserves.  I hope I still remember how!

This bowl is 3" across at the top... 





In less than two hours I picked nine heaping quart baskets full of strawberries.  Later, I put up two batches and a double batch of strawberry jam.  mmmmmm  It helped that it was a cool, breezy, low-humidity day.

No comments: