Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stepping Out

On this relatively cool sunny morning I took my first solo bicycle ride in Tennessee. The rolling foothills, farm fields and surrounding mountain ranges are beautiful. It felt good to be active and I really enjoyed my time away.....
I've realized that five-year-old's, sometimes cute and cuddly, are also wiry and bony. My nephew can use his toes like a crowbar, or knees like a wrecking ball, in attempts to take over my resting space. A "good" night is when he only "goes diagonal" two or three times. He will have to sleep by himself on a cot. But I will miss that little hand patting my arm or clasping my fingers before he is fully awake. No wonder his mother is dreading this child's first day of school.....
Last night I envisioned an abstract quilt, which hasn't happened in a very long time. I had better make it up before I lose the creative spark, yes?

No comments: