Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fooling Mother Nature???

Since the robins' offspring either flew the coop before I expected, or the nest was raided- I decided to experiment a little bit.
 These are the eggs of a clay pigeon.  No, not really.  They are marvelously smooth marbles from an old brick factory in Georgia.  I wish I had picked up a bag full, but were they ever expensive in that little gift shop.  Don't you think that the sun-lit marble looks like a lightbulb?


These colorful "eggs" will hatch into glass birds.  You know, the knick-knack type.  I also purchased them in the lovely South.

I was dismayed to find the nest completely dislodged later on, as if a bear's paw swatted it from its perch.  Was it a cat, a raccoon, or in fact a bear that destroyed this avian architecture?

No comments: