Thursday, May 14, 2015

Gifts of Currie

Today I have received the sad news of the passing of one of my MMSA exchange pen pals.  The earth is diminished somehow when one of us moves on.  She and I shared emails and art, but mostly she gave me a glimpse of her heart.  Some of her many wonderful qualities were
A JOY FOR LIVING
A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
A THIRST FOR LEARNING
A GENEROSITY OF SHARING
A GIFT FOR CREATING WONDERFUL ART
AN ACCEPTANCE OF WHATEVER LIFE DEALT HER

I sent her some mail art 1+1/2 weeks after her passing.  I did not know, but I somehow sensed that soon, very soon, we would have to say "Goodbye" to a very special person.  I'm not ready to say "Goodbye," but maybe "See you later?" would suffice.

Here are some scans of some of the artsy tidbits she shared with me after a house-cleaning about a year ago:














"Rest in peace, dear sweet Currie,
you will be sorely missed
yet ever in our hearts and thoughts,
and Mail Art albums!
So glad to have had the opportunity to know you."


No comments: