Friday, September 25, 2015

Party Details

The PJ party with my friends was lots of fun.  We played word games, talked, exchanged "White Elephant" presents, snacked.  I had picked up two pepperoni and cheese pizzas. Cookies abounded, offset by a fresh fruit salad, but the creme de la creme was Amaretto cheesecake.  It was so soft and fluffy. Yes, it was baked by my friend, and she topped it with Amaretto syrup and whipped cream.  Oo-la-la!!!  Believe it or not, I only ate a 1/2" slice. (whimper)

Around 3:15 a.m. the unfortunate soul on the pull-out couch was sitting upright in the dark.  "Oh, you can't sleep either?"  Wanting more pizza, we ended up going out (quietly) to sit in the screened-in gazebo to talk for a while.  Then after some pizza we settled in for a few hours shut-eye.


Breakfast together at a local diner was really good.  I just might have to make this an annual tradition!

No comments: