Saturday, February 6, 2016

Marbleized Post Cards Using Shaving Creme

Art frenzy here.  I think watching all of those YouTubes two days in a row flipped a switch.

Years ago I attempted this technique and had dismal results.  What I didn't know was that you have to scrape the foam off the paper after it has contacted the ink or paint.

So, you squirt some cheap foaming shaving creme on a flat waterproof surface, sprinkle ink dots over it, swirl with a pencil, and press your paper down to make complete contact.  Smooshing and moving the paper around gives different results.

Lift off the paper, scrape off the foam with a straight-edge plastic ruler or squeegee, dry with a paper towel if needed.  Done. Yesterday I tried it using rubber stamp inks.  It was a messy blast!  Here are some of the results before I decorate them:



No comments: