Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Pressed Flower Collages - Part 1

While rearranging (Caution, this may lead to cleaning, beware!) I came across a thick, heavy College Edition Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language (copyright 1957, 1953, 1951 and 1951) in which I had several years ago placed flowers, ferns and petals to dry.  As I fanned the pages, many petals and leaves fluttered out like delicate confetti.

I decided to start using them for collage (watch for later postings).  Here are a few beginnings:


Some of the backgrounds are book text.  I covered them first with a layer of painted Deli waxed paper, a new find (for me). This adds crinkly texture and the translucence allows some of the background pattern to show through.  On one  I rubberstamped butterfly images.  Either matte or gloss gel medium helps to anchor the layers

No comments: