Friday, January 19, 2018

ATC Multiples in YELLOW

This seems to be the best way to get nine Artist's Trading Cards out of a single sheet of 8+1/2" x 11" card stock with minimal waste. You could probably cut it down to 7+1/2" x 10+1/2" first.
I like the "depth" that printed or patterned materials add, peeking out from underneath layers of paint and collage. 

This is how I started a batch of similar-background ATCs:
I coated the card stock with matte gel medium, then applied torn up pieces of foreign language text.  Next were sections of sewing pattern tissue, and then bits of a (used) decorative envelope.  I coated it all with another layer of matte gel medium and let it dry.
I applied dabs of three different yellow acrylic paints with a wide brush.
After the paint dried, I used a vine roller stamp and olive green ink to fill in some of the "blank" spots.
It needed a little something else.  I thought, "leaf."  Scattered Ginko leaf images rubberstamped with gold ink added sparkle.
After that, I cut up the decorated paper into nine equal pieces.  I will finish them with a few collage elements to make each one unique.  I have some cancelled foreign postage stamps out for consideration, and who knows what else I might add!

No comments: