Sunday, October 20, 2019

Two Zentangle Post Cards

My first attempt at making a Zentangle design card a few years ago was so ambitious, I stressed myself out of finishing it.  When we featured a Zentangle post card swap on MMSA, I wasn't planning on participating.  But then I decided that I didn't want to miss out on all the fun!
So I pulled out two cards and began working on them rather belatedly.  The dark gray background lent itself to white and black penlines for contrast.  I like the way the white dashes add a textured effect.






This background was made with pink and orange Alcohol Inks swirled around on shaving creme foam, then scraped off of the photo paper surface.  I looked at it a few times and began to see some possible shapes to enhance.  And that's how I "found" the worm/monster, the bird, the snake, the clouds, and the fantasy flowers.  It turned out to be very much fun!

No comments: