Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Mini Books from Masterboards

One of my mail art friends recently
sent me a few
lovely collaged 3" squares
and introduced me to 
Mini-Books from Masterboards.

Before I reciprocated, I viewed
the three-part YouTubes on the topic.

Next, I gathered some papers,
ephemera, stickers and postage stamps.

Collaged Masterboard 1 possible layout
This afternoon I really had fun
making two collage sheets 
starting with full-sheet
scrapbooking papers.

Collaged Masterboard 2 possible layout
I added more images, bits of
sheet music copied on
coffee-dyed paper, and
snippets of other scrapbook papers.

Then I cut the squares apart, and
for some unexplained reason
I only ended up with nine
3" squares out of each sheet.
Math-challenged here :(


Finally I finished the squares
with magazine pictures,
rubber stamped images and stickers, 
then scuffed the edges
of each square with a brown 
cats eye ink pad.

To finish them I will add
sayings, poems or
observations on the backs.

I will probably punch a hole
in the upper left corner of each square
that I keep for myself, and then
use a cord or ribbon to keep them all together.

SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

No comments: