Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Rubber Cement Resist Fun

 

I don't know where I picked up this idea, but it should have come with a caveat.  Rubber cement fumes are supposedly not healthy to breathe.  

I would love to see what others might create with this technique, but truly hesitate to promote it.  Perhaps a very strong warning to only work in a well-ventilated area, fresh air.

Anyway, here is my process:

Using 3+1/2" x  2+1/2" ATCs cut from white card stock, I brushed rubber cement on each card, then pulled a plastic toothed tool or wooden dowel through the wet cement on each card making various (invisible) designs.  Let them dry.  

Painted over each card with acrylic paint(s).  Let that dry.  Rubbed the cement off each card with the pad of my finger.  The design is revealed in the white space left after the dried glue is removed. The resulting designs were so fun to uncover!

No comments: