Monday, December 3, 2018

Let There Be- Lights?

Two days ago, the temperature was in the 40's and it felt warm!  I figured it isn't going to get much warmer until April, so I started pulling out the Christmas decorations.  

Usually I cut 1 or 2 saplings with branches and stick them into the ground in the front yard before the freeze, then drape them with white twinkle lights.  
Last Year's Lights
But not this year.  

First I put up the scrawny fake tree on the front porch, weighing down the base with flat rocks so the winter winds wouldn't blow it over. 1/3 of the white twinkle lights weren't lit, so I unwound that long strand and switched over to regular multi-colored bulbs.  

The shrubbery-netting twinkle lights were half working, half not, so I draped them along the porch railings.  It looks like this will be the last year I use that bunch of lights...
I think the neighbors saw me putting up decorations because all of a sudden, the white twinkle lights on their porch went on.  A little friendly competition, ha ha ha.

No comments: