Monday, February 22, 2021

Deerly Unwanted - They're Back!!!

The three young deer visited late last night.  Today at dusk two showed up under the feeders.  After doing some research I realized that having wild deer become tame and dependent is NOT good for them, or for the humans.  

I've been bringing in the "fly-through" open-sided feeder before dark, and today I shoveled snow over the fallen seeds beneath the feeders.

Yum Yum, Lunch Box!

So instead of tip-toeing to the window to watch for a while, I went out to the back porch to "shoo shoo!" the deer away.   


One ran toward the woods on the left.  The other just stood there looking at me! 

Should I stay or should I go??? 
Does she really mean "SHOO!!?"

Finally it caught on that it was not good to stick around, so it bounded up the hill and out of sight.  Time will tell if they come back tomorrow!

No comments: