Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Late-Morning Walk

Sometimes all it takes is a shift in focus, looking down at the ground or into the woods, to see what I might ordinarily miss.  This large, brightly marked grasshopper was vigorously jumping ahead of me, avoiding my steps.  As I leaned in for a close-up, I said "You're not going to hold still for me, are you?"  Of course he wouldn't stay put.


When I looked up while picking blackberries, the color red stood out in bright contrast to the dark pine bark. Autumn is on its way!  Ah, crisp cool days spiced with the scent of mouldering leaves. Mellow sunlight filtering through a canopy of firey orange, scarlet and burnished gold.   Restless winds swirling among the branches.


Oncoming winter?  I will not think about that.  Not right now.

No comments: